10 Days 100 Challenges
10 Days 100 Challenges is a unique open innovation program where you learn new work-life skills and solve challenges together with leading innovative companies, professional experts and inspiring coaches. The program is open for everyone who wants to learn about innovation and service design, engage with real-life challenges and to connect with talented individuals and build professional networks. This year the program is updated with a pre-assignment as Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) 2 ECTS. Pre-assignment is mandatory to attend the course.
There are two options to accomplish 10 Days 100 Challenges program:
7 ECTS: Pre-assignment (completing the MOOC) 2 ECTS, active attendance and contribution during the 7 day program (5 ECTS)
10 ECTS: Pre-assignment, active attendance and contribution during the 7 day program plus learning portfolio (3 ECTS)
You’ll find the MOOC here: pre-assignment. Click enroll now and register. The course should be available immediately.
Enrollment period: 25th April – 13th May 2022
Intensive course: 30th May – 7th June
Enroll here: E-lomake (metropolia.fi).
Maximum amount of students to the course is 100. The MOOC is the pre-assignment for the 10 days 100 Challenges course. It must be completed before the course, at the latest 22.5.2022. The link to the MOOC will be released here 2.5.2022. Make sure you have enough time to complete it!
|Time||Monday 30.5. Introduction||Time||Tuesday 31.5. Understanding the problem||Wednesday 1.6. Ideation||Thursday 2.6. Prototyping||Friday 3.6. Testing||Time||Monday 6.6. Pitches||Time||Tuesday 7.6. Pitching day|
|10:00-11:00||Introduction to 10 Days 100 Challenges and event||9:30-10:00||Keynote||Recap: ideation||Recap: prototyping||Recap: testing||9:30-12:00||Recap: pitches||9:30-12:00||Pitching day|
|11:00-12:00||Companies’ challenge pitching and company booths||10:00-11:00||Recap: understanding the problem and process||Working with challenges, coaching||Working with challenges, coaching||Working with challenges, coaching||12:00-13:00||Break||12:00||Prize ceremony|
|12:00-13:00||Break||12:00-13:00||Break||Break||Break||Break||13:00-||Working with challenges, coaching||12:00-16:00||End of challenge|
|13:00-16:00||Team building||13:00-||Working with challenges, coaching, company coaching||Working with challenges, coaching||Working with challenges, coaching||Working with challenges, coaching|
After the program, the student is able to:
- Carry out an innovation project applying the newest existing knowledge and service innovation and design methods.
- Work in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Apply creative problem solving and develop working methods.
- Develop practical, creative and innovative solutions, practices and services with multidisciplinary partners to meet the diverse needs in the Helsinki Metropolitan area.
- The student participates in project or network-based work and applies his or her expertise in regional, national or international development work.
- Use his or her personal skills and abilities to work and collaborate in multidisciplinary teams.
- Create a culture of cooperation and negotiation with the team members and other actors.
- Use his or her skills in problem solving, collaboration and communication to support the social development and joint decision making of the team.
- Gain entrepreneurial skills
- Meet potential employers
- Dive into world of innovation and service design
- Team up with people with diverse background
- Get 7 ECTS or 10 ECTS Innovation project
Jenny West, firstname.lastname@example.org
Juha Järvinen, email@example.com
Päivi Harmoinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Liisa Wallenius, email@example.com