Are you interested in tourism-related business? After completing this course, you will able to
– evaluate the characters of a destination
– describe tourism business models and customer segments
– apply business understanding to developing sustainable tourism services
Course also includes visit to MATKA Nordic Travel Fairs event in Messukeskus, getting to know the tourism companies there as well as working with Case company chosen by your team. There can be also visiting lecturers in the event.
Previous tourism studies (Discovering tourism or similar) are needed in order to participate.
Laurea’s student! This course is part of your university’s study offering. Please enroll with your university’s own enrollment.
Enrollment period: 27th of November – 4th of January 2024
Timing: 18th of January – 24th of March 2024. Laurea Leppävaara campus
- 18.01.2024 09.15 – 11.45 room: 253
- 19.01.2024 09.00 – 16.00 at Messukeskus / Helsinki Expo and Convention Centre
- 25.01.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 207L
- 01.02.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 207L
- 08.02.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 225-226
- 15.02.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 216
- 22.02.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 216
- 29.02.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 216
- 07.03.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 253
- 21.03.2024 12.30 – 15.00 room: 182
Course includes visit to MATKA Nordic Travel Fairs as well as working with Case company chosen by your team. There can be also visiting lecturers. Final presentations will be given during Laurea International week in March. COURSE REQUIRES ACTIVE PARTICIPATION since you will be working in teams with your chosen case company!
Basic structure of the course is that lecture days include introduction lecture and active group work. Therefore active attendance is expected. Students review literature and other information sources for more detailed information.
Content of the course:
- Characteristics of a destination
- Role of destination management organization
- Tourism ecosystems
- Tourism business models
- Sustainable tourism business
Annukka Korvenranta (Laurea) and Petri Miinalainen (Laurea)