This course is for Master’s level students only.
In this course you will learn aboutsafety and quality management systems in social and health care.
Metropolia’s student! This course is part of your university’s study offering. Please enroll with your university’s own enrollment.
Enrollment period: 27th of November – 10th of December 2023
Timing: 24th of January – 20th of March 2024. In Moodle online learning platform + Zoom
- Introduction Wed 24th of January at 1pm to 2pm: EM & Tricia
- Process management and change agents: Wed 31st of January 2pm to 3.30 p.m
- Wed 7th of February at 2pm to 4pm (2h) Mandatory tutoring session (topics and groups)
- Wed 14th of February at 2pm to 3.30 pm (1,5h) Mandatory tutoring session (current stage of the group work)
- Wed 6th of March at 2.30pm -3.30 pm (1h) Mandatory tutoring session (current stage of group work/ what needs to be done before the final seminar)
- Wed 20th of March at 10 am to 2pm (4h) The final seminar
- Safety and Quality management systems in social and health care
- Standards and laws
- Quality development tools and techniques
- Process management
After this course the student is able
- to create a consistent framework/knowledge base for health care safety and quality making use of both national and international guidelines and scientific sources in a critical and analytic manner,
- to use concepts of the area of expertise innovatively,
- to solve demanding problems in the field of health care safety and quality where new knowledge and competence is created,
- to apply and combine information from different fields,
- to develop innovative insights or solutions into health care safety and quality both at the national and international levels and
- to communicate about health care safety and quality convincingly both orally and in writing to audiences within and exterior to the field.
Eija Metsälä (Metropolia) and Tricia Cleland Silva (Metropolia)