Laurea’s student! This course is part of your university’s study offering. Please enroll with your university’s own enrollment.
Prerequisites: 15 credits or otherwise acquired Finnish skills on level A2.1 – A2.2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Enrollment period: 27th of November 2023 – 14th of January 2024
Timing: 30th of January – 10th of April 2024, Laurea Leppävaara campus
- 30th of January 15.00 – 18.00 room 232
- 13th of February 15.00 – 18.00 room 232A
- 20th of February 15.00 – 18.00 room 236
- 6th of March 15.00 – 18.00 room 232
- 20th of March 15.00 – 18.00 room 232
- 3rd of April 15.15 – 17.45 room 241
- 10th of April 15.00 – 18.00 room 232
The aim of the course is to provide skills of searching for a job or a place of working practise and succeeding in getting the place. The target level is A2.2 – B.1.1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Each week of the course will deal with different area of job seeking:
1) Olen hyvä tyyppi! Telling about your personality and skills.
2) Palvelukseen halutaan… Understanding the expectations of the employers.
3) Paperit kuntoon! Getting the documents ready for job search.
4) Unelmien työpaikka. Describing a work environment of your dreams. Stating your opinion.
5) Haastattelu tulossa! Getting ready for an interview.
6) Sinulle on uusi viesti! Phoning and e-mailing at work.
After this course the student is able to:
- write a CV in Finnish
- apply for a job
- be interviewed for a job
- present their workplace
- write work-related emails
- understand and use general work vocabulary
Saara Laakso (Laurea)