Get to know role and functions of packaging and tools for design packages.
Haaga-Helia’s student! This course is part of your university’s study offering. Please enroll with your university’s own enrollment.
Enrollment period: 27.11.2023 – 1.1.2024
Timing: 15.1.-15.3.2024, online lecture on Thursdays 17.40 – 20.30
After this course
- Student understands the role and functions of packaging
- Student gets familiar with various packaging materials and alternative materials replacing plastics packages
- Student is able to assess reusable, recyclable and compostable packages
- Student has tools for designing packages
- Student is able consider labels and claims in packaging how to involve end users for proper use and return of packages
- Student knows legal issues related to packages
- Student recognises the responsibility of producers and importers to collect packages back to circulation (duties of extended producer responsibility)
Soile Kallinen (Haaga-Helia)