Would you like to learn more about Circular Economy and to innovate circular solutions for Uhana Design?
You will learn about sustainable development and circular economy, new circular business models and how the companies can develop their businesses towards more sustainable by using service design methods and tools. You will also learn to use some important sustainability tools like life cycle analysis and eco-system partner analysis. The final outcome of the learning lane is a Service Concept. Transformation to the circular economy is vitally important to the societies but also to the companies. It is also a great growth opportunity for Finland.
This online study unit consists of the following parts:
- 5+5+5 ECTS learning lane of 3UAS –offering in co-operation with Laurea, Metropolia and Haaga-Helia UAS
- The learning lane starts with the module “Towards a Circular Economy” including concepts and basic principles of Circular
Economy and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of products and services.
- Followed by a combination of “New Business Models in the Circular Economy” and “Service Design for Circular Economy”
- Including an innovation project to an interesting Finnish clothing company UHANA, uhanadesign.com
- For students interested in developing their skills in circular economy and sustainable business as a part of their
- For students of different study fields (engineering, business, culture, social sciences…)
Schedule and learning methods
- Course schedule for 15 ects 17.1.-16.5.2022
- Online lessons/meetings on Monday afternoons
- Online assignments in Moodle and project works
Courses include online lectures, online workshops and learning solutions with a joint company assignment focusing on creating circular business model solutions for companies with the help of service design.
The learning lane is 15 ECTS consists of 3 online courses. One course is 5 ECTS which equals approximately 135 hours of studying.
Learing line is evaluated in a scale 1 – 5 /fail. You will receive one joint grade for this learning line, ie you will receive an equal grade for each course in this learing line.
Read more about previous course achievements:
Student project in Spring 2020: https://www.3amk.fi/2021/06/18/kevaan-3amk-osaamispolulla-kehitettiin-kiertotalouden-palvelukonsepteja-k-raudalle/
Student project in Spring 2020: https://www.laurea.fi/ajankohtaista/opiskelijaprojektit/kestavan-kehityksen-palveluista-lisaarvoa-kauppakeskuksen-asiakkaille/
The learning lane will start with a joint kick-off in January 2022, see more detailed schedules below.
|ORIENTATION PHASE 17.1.-21.2.2022|
|17.1.2022 at 13-16||Joint Orientation kick-off
-objectives, teaming, ways of working etc.
Start of the “Introduction to Circular Economy key concepts & theories”-part
|24.1.2022 at 13-16||Introduction to Circular Economy key concepts & theories - Guidance
|31.1.2022 at 13-16||Introduction to Circular Economy key concepts & theories – Guidance continues|
|7.2.2022 at 13-16||Circular business Models + BMC|
|14.2.2022 at 13-16||Introduction to Service Design|
|PROJECT PHASE 28.2.-16.5.2022
|28.2.2022 at 13-16||Joint project kick-off incl.
design challenge introduction
|7.3.2022 at 13-16||Service Design tools & methods, Discover-phase start (Research)|
|14.3.2022 at 13-16||Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)|
|21.3.2022 at 13-16||Circular BMC, Ecosystem Partner Identification
Guidance to Life Cycle Analysis-work
|28.3.2022 at 13-16||Service Design tools & methods, Define-phase start
Guidance to Life Cycle Analysis -work
|4.4.2022 at 13-16||LCA task wrap-up & presentations|
|11.4.2022 at 13-16||Service Design tools & methods, Develop-phase start: Ideation workshop|
|9.5.2022 at 13-16||Service Design tools & methods, Deliver-phase start: Pitch rehearsals|
|16.5.2022 at 13-16||Final seminar: pitching|