Would you like to get a good overview of the Finnish working life, its cultural aspects and labour markets or get started with building networks that help you get employed? Have you wondered how to approach recruiters from different companies? Or perhaps you are interested in a career in a public sector or NGOs and would like to gain a better understanding of them? Or maybe you are seeking internship possibilities? This intensive course will give you a comprehensive insight into the different career paths and employment opportunities. It will also help you to meet challenges of the job search process. The course includes visits to workplaces and guest lectures of various fields.
Enrollment period: 2.5.-25.8.
Independent work: 18.9.-15.10.
Intensive week: Mon, Wed and Fri during week 24 (16.-20.10)
Roundtable discussion: will be announced later
Visit to a company: will be announced later
- visits to workplaces and organizations
- guest lectures from the working and recruitment fields
- active discussion in the discussion area
- creating networks
- independent work in the digital learning environment on e-learning content
- familiarization with different organizations and companies
- creating CV by using AI and digital platforms
- designing your future career
- presentation of a career plan
- writing a report and a learning task
On completion of this intensive course the student will:
- know the structures and principles of Finnish working life and labour market
- recognize his/her own strengths as a job seeker
- identify the different skills and competency needs of the society
- understand his/her own skills level in relation to the future skills needs of society
- implement futures thinking in career planning
- be able to build networks to benefit job seeking
The course consists of visits to various workplaces, independent work online, lectures and learning tasks. Students will also create a CV with the help of AI, design their future career and present it to classmates.
Will be updated later