The main topic of the course is leadership skills for a changing world. In 2023, we will focus on the following sub-topics:
- Inclusive leadership through Collaborative Storytelling
- Transformational leadership
- Driving sustainability through customer-oriented leadership
This intensive program is for Master’s level students only.
Application period: 12.12.2022-31.3.2023
Selection of students: by mid-April
Pre-assignment published: by mid-April
Pre-assignment deadline: by mid-May
Intensive program: 22.-26.5. at 14-17, online
The 3AMK Summer School consists of the independent pre-assignments and the participation to the intensive week. The program of the intensive week features short talks by university faculty members and practitioners as well as workshops and team work to engage with the theme’s topics.
After the course, students can…
- assess their power intelligence
- facilitate and manage collaboration and conflict through inclusion practices
- understand the content of transformational leadership and its benefits
- understand own strengths and development points in the transformational leadership
- explain the concept of sustainability and its role in the marketplace
- discuss and evaluate the role of leadership in driving sustainable change
The course will be organized online, and it will be executed in English.
The number of participants is limited. The application form includes a short motivational letters, and students will be selected by their motivational letters.
Please write a short motivational letter (one page / A4 at maximum) answering to these topics:
- Why are you applying for this course?
- How does it benefit you in your (future) career? What career aspirations do you have?
- How do you organize time for studying in this course?
Tricia Clealand Silva (Metropolia), Hannu Tikkanen (Laurea) and Tiina Brandt (Haaga-Helia)